The Countdown to Graduation is on and the 2022 Graduation Committee has compiled the following information for all families of current 8th grade students. Please check this page regularly for weekly updates through June 3rd.
New! Graduation Dress Code
- Young Men – Long pants with white long sleeve dress shirt and a tie (long or bow tie) plus non-athletic shoes.
- Young Ladies – White or light colored dress, skirt & top, or pants & dressy top. Dresses and skirts should be no shorter than 2 inches above the middle of the knee. Shoes must not make noise while walking on hard floors. Heels are not allowed; however, wedges are permitted and the height should not exceed 2 inches. No athletic shoes, please. Dress Code guidelines for makeup, hair and jewelry apply.
May 12th & 13th – Gown fittings during Homeroom
May 18th – Awards Ceremony (9am; all grades)
May 26th from 11:30am to 2pm (after exams) – Graduation rehearsal, 8th grade luncheon, and gown pictures
June 1st – Class Retreat & Lunch at the University of Richmond (more info information about permission forms & fees coming soon)·
June 3rd (please arrive no earlier than 2:15pm) – Graduation and Reception from 3pm – 5pm
Class Party info and dates coming soon!
Please check out these SignUp Genius links for Volunteer opportunities:
- 8th Grade Luncheon & Graduation Rehearsal
- Blue & White Decorations & Supplies
- SMCS 7th grade Parent support for 8th grade Graduation
Spirit Wear – TAG Day & Spirit Day approved design!
Support the Graduation fundraising campaign by ordering your Class of 2022 Spirit Wear now using the following link: https://www.bonfire.com/saint-mary8217s/
Together, We All Win!
Please consider making an online gift “in honor of” your graduate before May 13th. Gifts of any amount are greatly appreciated and multi-year pledges are encouraged. Homerooms with 100% participation will be treated to a Chick-fil-A picnic on May 17th!