”Next to the word of God, the noble art of music is the greatest treasure in the world”– Martin Luther
SMCS CHOIR 2023/2024
Wednesdays: Choir 2:50-3:30pm & Cantor 3:30-4pm; however, if we find we need more rehearsal before a performance the time might increase 15-30 minutes.
For all new and returning members: Please print this form and review the SMCS Choir Conduct and Commitment Policy with your student below. SMCS Choir fee is $100 per family. Checks may be made payable to Saint Mary’s Catholic School. Please include “Choir fee” in the memo section.
Below are some of the areas that we will be working towards together this year:
- Learn proper breathing and vocal technique specific to choral singing
- Build sight singing and reading skills
- Have opportunities to be soloists or sing in smaller groups
- Sing together in Mass as a choir and for middle school students serving as Cantor
- Have 1-2 outside and/or during school performances during Christmas and again in the Spring
- Develop and explore different musical genres
- Explore opportunities for travel and outside performances together as a choir
- Develop a lifelong love and knowledge of music
SMCS Choir Conduct and Commitment Policy:
Time is valuable during rehearsal.
I will arrive promptly and not waste time with extra talking or distracting behavior.
Weekly rehearsal attendance is important.
I will notify Mrs. Moretti through email if I need to miss and will not plan to leave early unless previously discussed. Those participating in additional SMCS after school activities such as band and robotics will receive allowances however consideration of time for each activity must be accounted for.
We are working together towards excellence.
I will give my personal best effort and applaud the efforts of those around me.
Message from Mrs. Moretti:
Music is my lifelong passion. I have had the opportunity to see it enrich the lives of many students, as well as my own. It is my goal that our SMCS Choir becomes a tradition of excellence and a group that the students and school can feel proud of. I continue to be pleased as I hear stories of SMCS Choir and Music alums who are finding success within their given high school as well as community musical experiences. I hope to see that trend continue!
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me: email@example.com