As the registration process nears completion, decisions have been made about program (classes) offerings for the 2014-2015 school year.
- Saint Mary’s will begin the year with two Kindergarten classes. Given this year’s (2013-2014) lower enrollment in pre-kindergarten, the number of enrolled Kindergarten students for 2014-2015 did not reach the optimum number of students in each class. However, the decision was made to begin the year with a small class size in anticipation of future growth.
- Saint Mary’s will begin the year with three First Grade classes. The number of students returning from Kindergarten and new applications allow for three classes with a reduced class size compared to the Kindergarten year. Assuming growth in this grade cohort, this will create another “bubble class” that will continue through Fifth Grade.
- Although enrollment in the 2.5 year old class is below expectations, Saint Mary’s will offer the Tuesday, Thursday class as scheduled.
- Enrollment in the 3 year old class is below expectations. The AM class will be offered as scheduled.
- The PM class is significantly below expectations, and will be evaluated as new applications are received. There remains the possibility that this class will have insufficient enrollment to be offered.
- Saint Mary’s will schedule three classes of fifth grade, as the “bubble class” finishes with continued high enrollment.
- Sixth grade classes will be heterogeneously populated with students. Students will “travel” by homeroom the majority of the day.
- Students will choose (a three year commitment) between French and Spanish.
- Students who have completed six grade Math prior to the beginning of the school year will be offered the opportunity to take pre-algebra.
- Saint Mary’s continues to explore optional course placements for students with special needs. On-line learning, pre-programmed classes and other options may be discussed to address individual needs.