General Information for the 2022 – 2023 School Year
We are looking forward to our First Full Day Of School on Tuesday, August 23, 2022! We have a few important Orientation events, so please be sure to take note of which events are pertinent to your family and plan accordingly.
Thurs. Aug. 11 from 10 a.m. to 12 noon and 1:00 p.m. until 3:00 p.m. – Uniform Closet Clean-Out (FREE) Families can visit the Bishop Sullivan room to look through our collection of donated, gently used SMCS uniforms. Please note that we are no longer accepting uniform donations. This is a pick-up event only and the last before the start of the school year!
Wed. Aug. 17 at 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. – Popsicles on the Playground for JK & K families
Wed. Aug. 17 at 6:30 p.m. – Parent Academy hosted at Saint Bridget School (RSVP required)
Thurs. Aug. 18 from 6:00 p.m. to 6:45 p.m. – JK & K Orientation (parents only, please)
Mon. Aug. 22 – Meet the Teacher Day (see below for times by grade; parents and students should attend)
- JK-G5 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- 6th grade orientation 9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- New 7th & 8th graders 9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- Returning 7th & 8th graders 10:30 a.m. to 12 noon
Be sure to print the 2022 – 2023 School Year At A Glance calendar if you have not done so already.
Saint Mary’s School uses FACTS SIS Parent Alert to manage emergency and weather related information texts to school parents. SIGN UP FOR TEXT ALERTS HERE.
The 2022 – 2023 Student & Parent Handbook is now available. Please also take a moment to review our updated Uniform Guide for the new school year.
FACTS SIS – FACTS Family Online (formerly known as RenWeb – ParentsWeb):
Once you enroll your student(s) you will have access to FACTS SIS, our student information system. Please make sure all of your information is updated regularly in FACTS Family Online including your address and parent contact information, emergency contacts and family/friends/guardians who have permission to pick your student up from school. You will receive an email for billing through FACTS for tuition and for other items throughout the year (field trips, student fees, activities, etc.). Your information in FACTS is used by the faculty and staff to communicate with your family.
Detailed instructions for accessing FACTS SIS can be found here. If you have any trouble accessing FACTS Family Online, please contact Mrs. Anne Leigh Bisese at email@example.com.
Families will be billed a $25 Student Fee for each child at the start of the school year. You will receive an email for billing of these fees through FACTS, the first week of school. The fees are due by October 1.
The fee includes:
- A student planner for students in grades 2-8 or a tote bag for Junior Kindergarten/Kindergarten students, and writing journals for first grade students. These items are given to students on the first day of school.
- A Field Day t-shirt to be worn by your child on Field Day. Field Day t-shirt forms for your students size will communicated approximately a month before Field Day for ordering. Field Day t-shirts will be given out the week before Field Day.
- Classroom maintenance supplies, that consist of tissues, paper towels, hand sanitizer, disinfecting wipes and other classroom needs.
If there is a financial reason that prevents your family from being able to pay this fee, please contact Mr. Hess directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lunches: BOONLI opens on August 8th!
Morrissey’s Catering will provide lunches Monday through Thursday. Every Friday is pizza from Pizza Express. Mrs. Osborne is our Lunch Coordinator.
Families wishing to purchase lunches must register with Boonli, our online ordering system. New families may follow these Boonli Account set up instructions.
Families already registered with Boonli must sign in and update their account each new school year. Usernames and passwords from the previous school year are still active.
Click here to view/print the online order schedule for the 2022-2023 School Year.
Milk will not be available until 10/01/2022 at the earliest. Once available, it will be offered for daily purchase through Boonli. Please note there is a $10.00 minimum per Boonli order. We will not be offering milk purchase for the entire year.
Please review the following information. Complete and submit the appropriate forms and information to the clinic as indicated in each section.
- A health form is required for the following:
- Students new to Saint Mary’s
- Kindergarten students
- *7th grade students (updated Tdap booster is required.)
- Please consider submitting an updated VA School Health Form after your child’s next annual well visit if they are a rising 2nd or 7th grade student.
- Forms may be downloaded and printed from the Virginia Department of Health website.
If your child has Asthma or a Food Allergy, please fill out the appropriate form below:
- Asthma Action Plan – This may be partially completed online and printed, but requires physician orders and signature.
- Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Care Plan – This may be completed online and printed, requires physician orders and signature. A photo of your child is also necessary.
- Parents/Guardians who have a child with Asthma or a food allergy must schedule an appointment prior to the start of school with the clinic nurses.
- Parents are required to make an appointment with the clinic nurses to drop off medications for students. The requirements for allowing the clinic nurses to administer medications are very specific. To help ensure that each student is given the appropriate medication(s), it is important for the nurses to review each request and verify that all permissions, orders and labeling requirements meet the mandated guidelines.
- Fill out this updated Medication Form if you need the clinic to administer prescription or nonprescription medication to your child. Please note that this form now requires a physician order and signature for ALL medication (prescription or nonprescription.)
- Important: All Prescription Medication must be delivered to the clinic in the original container/package, expiration dates must be valid for the current school year. Medications not within these requirements will not be accepted.
- Parents/Guardians who have a child who will be taking medication at school must schedule an appointment prior to the start of school with the clinic nurses.
Carpool Arrival/Dismissal: NEW!
Student pick-up and drop-off patterns have been adjusted owing to renovation construction. Please review the updated maps and instructions here.
After School Care (ASC):
HOURS: ASC operates on school days from dismissal (2:45pm) until 6:00pm. For other days, such as early release days and half day dismissals, please refer to the calendar posted on the school’s website (www.saintmary.org). Late fees will be incurred for any child picked up after 6:00pm. The fee is $1.00 per minute.
A complete outline of ASC fees for the 2022-2023 School Year can be found here.
Please complete this online form to register for full-time or regular part-time ASC.
Offerings vary by grade and season, so please refer to the athletics page on our website for a complete list of sports and registration links for the 2022-2023 school year.
Band & Music Lessons:
Registration is due by August 30th. Visit the GRSM at Saint Mary’s Catholic School webpage for more details. Full calendar can be viewed here.
As you prepare for the beginning of the school year, don’t forget to check your enrollment in our painless fundraising partners. For Publix and Kroger, you must re-enroll every year. Remember, we benefit from your everyday shopping, when you designate Saint Mary’s as your community partner.