2023-2024 General Information & Important Dates
We are looking forward to our First Full Day Of School on Tuesday, August 22! Please take note of other Orientation events below.
Popsicles on the Playground for JK & K families – Tuesday, August 15 at 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
JK & K Parent Orientation – Thursday, August 17 at 6:00 p.m. for JK and 6:45 p.m. for Kindergarten
Meet the Teacher Day – Monday, August 21 (time slots below)
- JK & 2nd Grade from 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
- 1st & 5th Grade 9:00 from a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
- Middle School Orientation from 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- Kindergarten & 4th Grade from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 am
- 3rd Grade from 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon
Be sure to print the most current ’23-’24 School Year At A Glance calendar if you have not done so already. We will alert you when changes to this calendar occur.
SIGN UP FOR TEXT ALERTS HERE >> Saint Mary’s School uses FACTS SIS Parent Alert to manage emergency and weather related information texts to school parents.
Volunteering at SMCS:
Handbook & Uniform Guide:
We are pleased to share the most up-to-date draft of our 2023-2024 Student & Parent Handbook and Uniform Guide. Please note that the Office of Catholic Schools may request additional updates, so a final version may be released after the beginning of the school year.
FACTS SIS – FACTS Family Online (formerly known as RenWeb – ParentsWeb):
Once you enroll your student(s) you will have access to FACTS SIS, our student information system. Please make sure all of your information is updated regularly in FACTS Family Online including your address and parent contact information, emergency contacts and family/friends/guardians who have permission to pick your student up from school. You will receive an email for billing through FACTS for tuition and for other items throughout the year (field trips, student fees, activities, etc.). Your information in FACTS is used by the faculty and staff to communicate with your family.
Families will be billed a $25 Student Fee for each child at the start of the school year. You will receive an email for billing of these fees through FACTS, the first week of school. The fees are due by October 1.
The fee includes:
- A student planner for students in grades 2-8 or a tote bag for Junior Kindergarten/Kindergarten students, and writing journals for first grade students. These items are given to students on the first day of school.
- A Field Day t-shirt to be worn by your child on Field Day. Field Day t-shirt forms for your students size will communicated approximately a month before Field Day for ordering. Field Day t-shirts will be given out the week before Field Day.
- Classroom maintenance supplies, that consist of tissues, paper towels, hand sanitizer, disinfecting wipes and other classroom needs.
If there is a financial reason that prevents your family from being able to pay this fee, please contact Mrs. Esparza.
Morrissey’s Catering will provide lunches Monday through Thursday. Every Friday is pizza from Pizza Express. Mrs. Osborne is our Lunch Coordinator and can be reached at SMCSlunch@saintmary.org.
Families wishing to purchase lunches must register with Boonli, our online ordering system. New families may follow these Boonli Account set up instructions. Families already registered with Boonli must sign in and update their account each new school year. Usernames and passwords from the previous school year are still active.
Lunches must be ordered online in 2-week intervals within the appropriate order windows outlined below.
Lunches for the weeks 08/21 – 09/01: Boonli opens 08/07/23; closes 08/14/23 @ midnight
Lunches for the weeks 09/04 – 09/15: Boonli opens 08/21/23; closes 08/28/23 @ midnight
Lunches for the weeks 09/18 – 09/29: Boonli opens 08/21/23; closes 09/11/23 @ midnight
- A health form is required for the following:
- Students new to Saint Mary’s
- Kindergarten students
- 7th grade students (MenACWY and updated Tdap booster is required.)
- Please consider submitting an updated VA School Health Form after your child’s next annual well visit if they are a rising 2nd or 7th grade student.
- Forms may be downloaded and printed from the Virginia Department of Health website.
If your child has Diabetes, Epilepsy, Asthma, or a Food Allergy or any medical condition that requires a school action plan, please fill out the appropriate form below or bring one provided by your child’s health care provider:
- Asthma Action Plan – This may be partially completed online, printed, and requires health care provider orders and their signature.You will need to make an appointment to drop off the form and your child’s medication.
- Allergy Management Plan – This may be completed online and printed, requires health care provider orders and signature. A photo of your child is also requested. Please make an appointment to drop off the action plan and your child’s medication(s).
- Diabetes Action Plan – Information and instructions on website. Please fill out the form and have a health care provider sign it. During your meeting with the nurses, we will discuss a full plan of care so allow a little longer meeting time.
- Seizure Action Plan – Please have the form completely filled out and signed by the health care provider. You will need to make an appointment with the clinic to drop off the forms and rescue medication (if applicable).
- Please click here to make an appointment with the clinic nurses to drop off medications for students to be administered by the nurses during the school day, either scheduled daily or on an as needed basis. Virginia law and Diocean requirements for allowing the clinic nurses to administer medications are very specific. It is important for the nurses to review each health care provider order, parent/guardian signed paperwork, and prescription bottle or over the counter unopened container, meet the mandated state guidelines.
- All prescription and nonprescription medications (over the counter medications) require a health care provider signature on this form. Parents/guardians, must sign and date the form as well.
- Please note: All prescription medications must be delivered to the clinic in the original container/package, with the correct name, medication, dosage, and expiration dates must be valid for the current school year. Nonprescription medications must be in original, unopened containers and not expired. Medications not within these requirements will not be accepted. Students are not allowed to deliver the medications to the clinic, for safety, policy states that parents/guardians must hand the medications to the nurse.
Carpool Arrival/Dismissal: Download “How To” Map
Morning Carpool basics – Students in grades 2-8 should be dropped off at the Front Entrance of the school, unless they have younger siblings in ECDC. ECDC students (and any older siblings) should be dropped off at the ECDC Entrance in the rear parking lot.
Afternoon Carpool basics – ECDC students (and older siblings) as well as students in Middle School (with no younger siblings) should be picked up from the rear parking lot. Students in grades 2-5 (and older siblings) should be picked up at the Front Entrance. If you pick up from the Front Entrance, please help us expedite the process by printing and using this dashboard sign.
Student Attendance: Please Notify Main Office and Homeroom Teacher for all changes
If your student will be tardy, absent, dismissed early, or you have a change in carpool pick up, you must email Attendance@saintmary.org and your student’s homeroom teacher.
Please note: For Early Dismissal it is helpful to provide us with advance notice as this allows us to locate where your student will be at the time of the dismissal time that you request. Anyone picking up your student must be listed under “Emergency Contacts/Pick Up” in your FACTS/SIS account and be prepared to present their photo ID upon request.
After School Care (ASC): Full or Part Time Registration Form – WAITLIST ONLY
WAITLIST ONLY – WE ARE CURRENTLY AT CAPACITY: Registration is on a first come first serve basis and when registration for a grade level is full; registration will be closed, so please be sure to register your student ASAP.
HOURS: ASC operates on school days from dismissal (2:45pm) until 6:00pm. Hours may vary on half days and holidays. A full list of Early Release and Closure information will be posted soon in the ASC section of our website (under the Parent tab).
FEES: Please click here for our 2023-2024 rates. Please note that late fees will be incurred for any child picked up after 6:00pm. The fee is $1.00 per minute.