Important Information for the 2021 – 2022 School Year
The First Full Day Of School Is August 24, 2021.
Be sure to print the 2021 – 2022 School Year At A Glance calendar if you haven’t already. We have a few important Orientation events before the first full day of school, so please be sure to take note of which events are pertinent to your family and plan accordingly!
An updated Face Mask Guidance was issued by the Catholic Diocese of Richmond on August 13, 2021. You can read the full document here. Our new school-wide COVID19 Mitigation Plan has also been updated.
FACTS SIS – FACTS Family Online (formerly known as RenWeb – ParentsWeb):
Once you enroll your student(s) you will have access to FACTS SIS, our student information system. Please make sure all of your information is updated regularly in FACTS Family Online including your address and parent contact information, emergency contacts and family/friends/guardians who have permission to pick your student up from school. You will receive an email for billing through FACTS for tuition and for other items throughout the year (field trips, student fees, activities, etc.). Your information in FACTS is used by the faculty and staff to communicate with your family.
Families will be billed a $25 Student Fee for each child at the start of the school year. You will receive an email for billing of these fees through FACTS, the first week of school. The fees are due by October 1, 2021.
The fee includes:
- A student planner for students in grades 2-8 or a tote bag for Junior Kindergarten/Kindergarten students, and writing journals for first grade students. These items are given to students on the first day of school.
- A Field Day t-shirt to be worn by your child on Field Day. Field Day t-shirt forms for your students size will communicated approximately a month before Field Day for ordering. Field Day t-shirts will be given out the week before Field Day.
- Classroom maintenance supplies, that consist of tissues, paper towels, hand sanitizer, disinfecting wipes and other classroom needs.
If there is a financial reason that prevents your family from being able to pay this fee, please contact Mr. Hess directly at email@example.com.
Morrissey’s Catering will provide lunches Monday through Thursday. Every Friday is pizza from Pizza Express. Mrs. Osborne is our Lunch Coordinator.
Families wishing to purchase lunches must register with Boonli, our online ordering system. New families may follow these Boonli Account set up instructions. Families already registered with Boonli must sign in and update their account each new school year. Usernames and passwords from the previous school year are still active.
NEW IN 2021: Lunches can now be ordered in 2 week intervals. This is a change from previous years, where you had to order for an entire month at one time. For those who still want to order for an entire month, we will still have that option starting in September. Please see the following schedule for detailed ordering time windows:
Lunches for 08/23 – 09/03: BOONLI OPENS 08/09/21; CLOSES 08/15/21 @ midnight
Lunches for 09/06 – 09/17: BOONLI OPENS 08/20/21; CLOSES 08/29/21 @ midnight
Lunches for 09/20 – 10/01: BOONLI OPENS 08/20/21; CLOSES 09/12/21 @ midnight
Milk is offered for daily purchase through Boonli, please note their is a $10.00 minimum per Boonli order. We will not be offering milk purchase for the entire year.
Please review the following information. Complete and submit the appropriate forms and information to the clinic as indicated in each section.
- A health form is required for the following:
- Students new to Saint Mary’s
- Kindergarten students
- *7th grade students (updated Tdap booster is required.)
- Please consider submitting an updated VA School Health Form after your child’s next annual well visit if they are a rising 2nd or 7th grade student.
- Forms may be downloaded and printed from the Virginia Department of Health website.
If your child has Asthma or a Food Allergy, please fill out the appropriate form below:
- Asthma Action Plan – This may be partially completed online and printed, but requires physician orders and signature.
- Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Care Plan – This may be completed online and printed, requires physician orders and signature. A photo of your child is also necessary.
- Parents/Guardians who have a child with Asthma or a food allergy must schedule an appointment prior to the start of school with the clinic nurses.
- Parents are required to make an appointment with the clinic nurses to drop off medications for students. The requirements for allowing the clinic nurses to administer medications are very specific. To help ensure that each student is given the appropriate medication(s), it is important for the nurses to review each request and verify that all permissions, orders and labeling requirements meet the mandated guidelines.
- Fill out the Non-Prescription Medication form and submit it to the clinic if you wish to allow the clinic to administer non-prescription medication.
- Fill out the Prescription Medication form if you need the clinic to administer prescription medication to your child. The form may be partially completed online and printed. It may require physician order and signature. Please note: All Prescription Medication must be delivered to the clinic in the original container/package, expiration dates must be valid for the current school year. Medications not within these requirements will not be accepted.
- Parents/Guardians who have a child who will be taking medication at school must schedule an appointment prior to the start of school with the clinic nurses.
After School Care (ASC):
HOURS: ASC operates on school days from dismissal (2:45pm) until 6:00pm. For other days, such as early release days and half day dismissals, please refer to the calendar posted on the school’s website (www.saintmary.org). Late fees will be incurred for any child picked up after 6:00pm. The fee is $1.00 per minute.
A complete outline of ASC fees for the 2021-2022 School Year can be found here.
Please complete this form to register for full-time ASC or to indicate that you would use our drop-in service if it were available.
Fall Sports registration is now open online. Offerings vary by grade and season, so please refer to the athletics page on our website for a complete list of sports we expect to offer during the 2021-2022 school year.
Band: Greater Richmond School of Music @ Saint Mary’s Catholic School
The Greater Richmond School of Music (GRSM) will provide music instruction through private, semi-private and group lessons as well as through the GRSM Bank Program at Saint Mary’s Catholic School for the 2021-2022 school year.
Lessons are currently available for keyboard, piano, guitar, ukulele, banjo, violin, cello, brass, woodwinds and band percussion instruments. Please contact Charlene Hartley (804-442-6158 or firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
As you prepare for the beginning of the school year, don’t forget to check your enrollment in our painless fundraising partners. For Publix and Kroger, you must re-enroll every year. Remember, we benefit from your everyday shopping, when you designate Saint Mary’s as your community partner.