Important Information for the 2020 – 2021 School Year.
The First Day Of School Is August 24, 2020
Be sure to print the 2020 – 2021 School Calendar if you haven’t already.
FACTS SIS – FACTS Family Online (formerly known as RenWeb – ParentsWeb):
Once you enroll your student(s) you will have access to FACTS SIS, our student information system. Please make sure all of your information is updated regularly in FACTS Family Online. Your address and parent contact information, emergency contacts and family/friends/guardians who have permission to pick your student up from school. You will be receive an email for billing through FACTS, for incidentals (ie: Field Trips, Student Fees, Milk, Activities etc…) Your information in FACTS is used by the faculty and staff to communicate with your family.
If you have any trouble accessing FACTS Family Online (ParentsWeb), please contact Mrs. Anne Leigh Bisese at email@example.com.
Families will be billed a $25 Student Fee for each child at the start of the school year. You will receive an email for billing of these fees through FACTS, the first week of school. The fees are due by October 1, 2020.
The fee includes:
- A student planner for students in grades 2-8 or a tote bag for Junior Kindergarten/Kindergarten students, and writing journals for first grade students. These items are given to students on the first day of school.
- A field day t-shirt to be worn by your child on Field Day. Field Day T-shirt forms for your students size will communicated approximately a month before Field day for ordering. Field day T-shirts will be given out the week before Field Day.
- Classroom maintenance supplies, that consist of Tissues, Paper Towels, Hand Sanitizer, Disinfecting Wipes, and other classroom needs.
If there is a financial reason that prevents your family from being able to pay this fee, please contact Mr. Hess directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lunches on Monday through Thursday will be offered by Morrissey’s Catering and pizza on Friday will be offered by J. Rocco’s Pizza. Mrs. Osborne is our Lunch Coordinator.
Each year a family must register with Boonli, our online lunch ordering system to order lunch for their student(s). New families please follow these Boonli Account set up instructions. If a family has registered in previous years, the family must re-register each new school year. Your username and password from the previous school year can be used. .
Families interested in ordering lunches for their student(s) the months of August and September will be able to order the week of August 10, 2020. All registered Boonli accounts will receive an email notification when Boonli is open for ordering.
Milk is offered for daily purchase through Boonli, please note their is a $10.00 minimum per Boonli order. We will not be offering milk purchase for the entire year.
Please review the following information. Complete and submit the appropriate forms and information to the clinic as directed.
- A health form is required for the following:
- Students new to Saint Mary’s
- Kindergarten students
- *7th grade students (updated Tdap booster is required.)
- Please consider submitting an updated VA School Health Form after your child’s next annual well visit if they are a rising 2nd or 7th grade student.
- Forms may be downloaded and printed from the Virginia Department of Health website.
If your child has Asthma or a Food Allergy, please fill out the appropriate form below:
- Asthma Care Plan – This may be partially completed online and printed, but requires physician orders and signature.
- Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Care Plan – This may be completed online and printed, requires physician orders and signature. A photo of your child is also necessary.
- Parents/Guardians who have a child with Asthma or a food allergy must schedule an appointment prior to the start of school with the clinic nurses.
- Parents are required to make an appointment with the clinic nurses to drop off medications for students. The requirements for allowing the clinic nurses to administer medications are very specific. To help ensure that each student is given the appropriate medication(s), it is important for the nurses to review each request and verify that all permissions, orders and labeling requirements meet the mandated guidelines.
- Fill out the Non-Prescription Medication form and submit it to the clinic if you wish to allow the clinic to administer non-prescription medication.
- Fill out the Prescription Medication form if you need the clinic to administer prescription medication to your child. The form may be partially completed online and printed. It may require physician order and signature. Please note: All Prescription Medication must be delivered to the clinic in the original container/package, expiration dates must be valid for the current school year. Medications not within these requirements will not be accepted.
- Parents/Guardians who have a child who will be taking medication at school must schedule an appointment prior to the start of school with the clinic nurses.
Knowing we will be taking temperatures and screening each child before entering the school, we have adjusted our arrival procedure. Thank you for completing the survey and your homeroom teacher will let you know if your family is first or second wave. Details on AM carpool are available here. Additionally, links to our Middle School/ECDC PM carpool and our Elementary PM carpool are also included.
After School Care:
After School Care to start the year will be for ‘full-time’ users only. It is important that as we return to school and are using many safety measures, we must also adhere to the same measures in After School Care. To maintain the proper physical distancing and adequate staffing we need to know the number of students who will be in attendance daily. As we get into the school year, administration and ASC staff will assess policies and make adjustments accordingly.
Please complete the form to register for full-time ASC or to indicate that you would use our drop-in service if it were available.
As you prepare for the beginning of the school year, don’t forget to check your enrollment in our painless fundraising partners. For Publix and Kroger, you must re-enroll every year. Remember, we benefit from your everyday shopping, when you designate Saint Mary’s as your community partner!