UNDER CONSTRUCTION FOR THE 2019 – 2020 SCHOOL YEAR.
PLEASE CHECK BACK FOR UPDATED INFORMATION.
Key Dates Calendar:
Be sure to print the 2019 – 2020 Saint Mary’s Catholic School Calendar if you haven’t already.
RenWeb – ParentsWeb:
Each family should have access to RenWeb, our student information system, via ParentsWeb. This is where you go to find out who your child’s teacher or homeroom teacher will be for the 2018-2019 school year.
If you have any trouble accessing ParentsWeb, please contact Mrs. Anne Leigh Bisese at email@example.com.
Families will be billed a $50 Student Fee for each child at the start of the school year. This fee includes:
- A student planner for students in grades 2-8 or a tote bag for Junior Kindergarten and Kindergarten students. These items are given to students on the first day of school.
- A yearbook, which will be given to each student in the spring.
- A t-shirt to be worn by your child on Field Day, which will be given out the week of Field Day.
If there is a financial reason that prevents your family from being able to pay this fee, please contact Mr. Hess directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are excited to announce that lunches on Monday through Thursday will be offered by Morrissey’s Catering and pizza on Friday will be offered by J. Rocco’s Pizza. Chef Gene remains with us and will be serving lunch everyday.
The lunch ordering process will remain the same. Each year a family must register with Boonli, our online lunch ordering system to order lunch for their child(ren). Even if a family has registered in previous years, the family must re-register each new school year. Instructions on how to register are found here.
Once you have registered go to Boonli to order lunches. For the month of August and September, ordering begins on August 10 and ends August 22. Lunches are usually ordered online each month between the 8th and the 20th to place orders for the following month. You will be reminded of these ordering dates via the Friday Flash.
Students in all grades are eligible to order lunch every day except for our Junior Kindergarten students who can only order pizza on Fridays.
If there is no school on Friday, pizza will not be offered that week.
Milk is available for students when purchased on a per year basis. Three choices of milk will be available to students: 2% Milk, Whole Milk or 1% Chocolate Milk. Saint Mary Catholic School does not participate in the USDA reduced price milk program. Order milk for your child(ren) for the year here. Milk orders must be placed by Tuesday, August 22nd.
Clinic: Please review the following information. Complete and submit the appropriate forms and information to the clinic as directed.
- A health form is required for the following:
- Students new to Saint Mary
- Kindergarten students
- *7th grade students (updated Tdap booster is required.)
- Please consider submitting an updated VA School Health Form after your child’s next annual well visit if they are a rising 2nd or 7th grade student.
- Forms may be downloaded and printed from the Virginia Department of Health website.
If your child has Asthma or a Food Allergy, please fill out the appropriate form below:
- Asthma Care Plan – This may be partially completed online and printed, but requires physician orders and signature.
- Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Care Plan – This may be completed online and printed, requires physician orders and signature. A photo of your child is also necessary.
- Parents/Guardians who have a child with Asthma or a food allergy must schedule an appointment” prior to the start of school with the clinic nurses. Please see below for the blue highlighted link.
- Parents are required to make an appointment with the clinic nurses to drop off medications for students. The requirements for allowing the clinic nurses to administer medications are very specific. To help ensure that each student is given the appropriate medication(s), it is important for the nurses to review each request and verify that all permissions, orders and labeling requirements meet the mandated guidelines.
- Fill out the Non-Prescription Medication form and submit it to the clinic if you wish to allow the clinic to administer non-prescription medication.
- Fill out the Prescription Medication form if you need the clinic to administer prescription medication to your child. The form may be partially completed online and printed. It may require physician order and signature. Please note: All Prescription Medication must be delivered to the clinic in the original container/package, expiration dates must be valid for the current school year. Medications not within these requirements will not be accepted.
- Parents/Guardians who have a child who will be taking medication at school must schedule an appointment prior to the start of school with the clinic nurses.
- Students may begin being dropped off at 7:30 a.m., but not earlier.
- Students in grades 2-5 remain in the gym from 7:30 a.m. to 7:45 a.m. At 7:45 a.m. students go to their classrooms.
- Students in JK-1st grade remain in the Early Childhood Education Center (ECDC) hallway from 7:30 a.m. to 7:45 a.m. At 7:45 a.m. students enter their classrooms.
- School begins at 8:00 a.m. Students arriving at 8:00 a.m. or after must be walked in by a parent or guardian and checked in through the front office.
- Morning drop off locations are as follows:
- Children in JK-1st grade are dropped off at the ECDC entrance.
- Siblings of children in ECDC are dropped off at the back middle school entrance.
- All other families drop their children off at the main entrance.
- Please see the overview of Morning Carpool here and front detail map here.
- Afternoon carpool begins after dismissal at 2:45 p.m. and runs until 3:00 p.m.
- If a child has not been picked up by 3:00 p.m. the child will be escorted to After School Care and the $25 daily After School Care rate per child will be charged to the family.
- Afternoon pickup locations are as follows:
- Your family will use back carpool if you have a child in JK-1st grade or if you only have a child in middle school. Detailed instructions and a map can be found here.
- Your family will use front carpool if you only have children in grades 2-5 or you have children in grades 2-5 and children in middle school. Detailed instruction about front carpool can be found here.
After School Care:
Parents whose children are using After School Care full-time must register their children each year. A registration fee of $25 per family will be billed. Please complete the registration form before Friday, August 24, 2018.
If you plan for your child to use After School Care full-time and child is not registered by Friday, August 24, 2018, you will be charged the $25 per day per child daily rate until the registration is completed.