Congratulations to every member of Saint Mary’s Class of 2022. Monarchs forever you will be.
Two weeks ago we were staring at their baby photos and now in the blink of an eye they are ready for high school. We’ve compiled some stats below regarding our graduating students’ applications vs. their final enrollment commitments.
Our graduating class applied for admission to a total of 18 different high schools, but where did they decide to enroll?
Out of 48 graduating 8th graders, 80% have enrolled in 12 different parochial, private and specialty schools:
- St. Gertrude High School (15 students)
- Benedictine College Preparatory School (9 students)
- Deep Run Center for Information Technology (2 students)
- J.R. Tucker High School ACA Program (1 student)
- Mathematics & Science High School at Clover Hill (1 student)
- Midlothian High School IB Program (1 student)
- Maggie L. Walker Governor’s School (1 student)
- Trinity High School (2 students)
- St. Catherine’s School (2 students)
- The Steward School (2 students)
- Father Ryan High School (1) in Nashville, TN
- St. Paul VI Catholic High School (1) in Chantilly, VA
The remaining 10 students, representing 20% of the graduating class, have chosen to attend their locally zoned public high schools:
- Glen Allen High School (3 students)
- J.R. Tucker High School (2 students)
- Deep Run High School (1 student)
- Patrick Henry High School (1 student)
- Douglas S. Freeman High School (1 student)
- Goochland High School (1 student)
- Mills E. Godwin High School (1 student)
We are so very proud of all of our Monarch grads and know they will continue to shine in their high schools of choice!