Dear Monarch Families,
I want to begin the second semester by expressing my sincere gratitude for your partnership in making the first half of the school year so rewarding and successful for our students.
Below are some gentle reminders regarding several items that remain important as we embark on the second half of the school year together.
UNIFORMS: PTO USED UNIFORM SALE IS SATURDAY (1/20) FROM 9AM UNTIL 2PM AT SCHOOL (GLASS MEETING ROOM)
Our students have grown academically, spiritually and physically since August which means it is time to consider alterations or additions to your child’s uniform. We appreciate the investment you make in these items as they help contribute to a consistent learning environment and help our students look and feel ready to take on academic challenges.
- Athletic shoes should be black, navy blue, gray or white; avoiding bright accents and large branding. Please make sure they are clean and fit well.
- Only Flynn O’Hara sweatshirts, fleeces or soft shell jackets are permitted to be worn during the day; non-uniform jackets and hoodies are acceptable to wear to/from school and at recess only.
- Girls may wear leggings under their Middle School skirt/kilt or Elementary School jumper on any day including mass days. Leggings may not be worn with skorts.
- Boys may wear pants any day and are required to do so on Mass days.
- Boys’ hair should not extend over the ears or below the top of the shirt collar
- Jewelry is limited to one bracelet, one religious necklace and small earrings.
- Smart watches are not permitted.
If purchasing new uniform items presents a hardship for your family, please contact me.
ARRIVAL & ATTENDANCE
- Arrive to school by 7:55 a.m. to allow your child time to get to class by 8:00 a.m.
- Back parking lot closes promptly at 7:55 a.m.
- If you arrive after the carpool line closes (denoted by a sign); you must accompany your child to the front office to sign them in.
- Drive carefully in the parking lot (under 10 mph).
- Email attendance (email@example.com) and your homeroom teacher if your child will be absent, tardy or needs to be dismissed early.
- Makeup work policies can be found in the Parent & Student Handbook.
FOOD & DRINK
- Please remember that we are a nut-free campus.
- Refillable non-glass water bottles are encouraged to keep students hydrated.
- To-go beverages, cans or fountain drinks should not be brought or delivered to school.
Thank you again for your ongoing support and commitment to creating a school environment where all students may thrive.
I hope to see many of you later this month at the Virtual State of the School meeting and the PTO Gala!
Amanda S. Esparza