IMPORTANT DATES THIS WEEK:
- Monday, August 5 through Thursday August 15 – You can order lunch for August and September in Boonli
- Friday, August 9 – Saint Mary’s School Weekend at Shoe Carnival Click HERE for information
- Thursday, August 15 – Meet The Teacher, Bring In School Supplies 2:00pm to 5:30pm
- Monday, August 19 – First Day Of School 2019/20
NEWS/EVENTS/NEED TO KNOW:
2019/20 School Year calendar:Click HERE
2019/20 Back To School Information:Click HERE
2019/20 School Year Uniform: A committee of parents was formed to discuss the current uniforms. A few minor changes were suggested.
- JK-5 girls — Fall/Spring seasonal option — Navy skort paired with light blue polo
- Middle School — Brown Sperry/boat shoe option for both boys and girls
- All school — Navy leggings — no SMCS screen print required
- Click HERE for our SMCS Uniform information. Combining the upgraded HVAC in the renovation and providing the skort/polo addition, we are able to eliminate the PE uniform option on hotter days.
Welcome our New Teachers:
Exciting times at Saint Mary’s Catholic School this summer! We have a few new members joining our instructional team that I am excited to announce.
- Instructional Resource Teacher — Beth Murray Beth will join us from Tucker High School where she served as the Special Education Department chair and teacher. Beth brings with her an expertise in students with disability instruction (K-12), early childhood education, and literacy (birth-6). Her experience in these areas will be a great asset Saint Mary’s. Beth’s children will also be attending Saint Mary’s this fall. email@example.com
- First Grade — Taylor Mugford A Saint Mary’s Alumna. Taylor is a JMU graduate and has spent the better part of the last year serving with AmeriCorps as an Assistant Team Leader. This will be Taylor’s first year teaching. firstname.lastname@example.org
- First Grade — Stephie Meadows Stephie comes to Saint Mary’s from The Langley School in McLean, Va. She brings six years of experience teaching kindergarten and 2nd grade; all six years were at The Langley School. Additionally, Stephie’s ME in Curriculum and Instruction with a concentration in Literacy add to the already rich reading instruction in the ECDC. email@example.com
- JK — Marshall Beale It is exciting to add an additional JK class this Fall. Marshall, a licensed Early Childhood/grade 3 educator has just returned to Richmond after a stint teaching in Ohio and, most recently, Connecticut. Marshall has six years experience teaching the primary grades and will complete our ECDC team. <firstname.lastname@example.org
- ECDC Instructional Assistant — Amy Verdi Amy is a Saint Mary’s parishioner and licensed preK- 6 grade teacher. Amy has experience in both a public setting and private school. Her children will also be attending Saint Mary’s beginning in the fall. email@example.com
- Nurse (P/T) — Tara Horan Tara comes to Saint Mary’s by way of Roanoke, Va. with nearly 10 years of RN experience. Tara’s professional experience includes work in children’s hospitals and more specifically working in clinical care. Tara will be working Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday morning in the clinic. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Math (P/T) — Karen Lamb Finding a part-time math teacher certified in Geometry isn’t easy, so I am excited to have Karen joining us in this role. Karen has several years of experience teaching in Hanover County as well as time spent as a math email@example.com
Apple Grams will be sold on Thursday August 15, at meet the teacher, $2.00 each or 3 for $5.00! Send your teachers, friends, and/or teachers a note of encouragement.
Kick Off – Cookout:
Join your SMCS PTO as we begin the 2019-2020 school year with our annual Kick-Off Cook-Out!
Please RSVP HERE!
We are in need of volunteers. If you are able to help, please sign up HERE!
Please help defray the costs of the Cook-Out by donating HERE!
We can’t wait to kick off this school year and hope to see all of our Saint Mary’s family there!
SAVE THE DATE:
GRSM Band Program for 2019-2020:
The GRSM Band Program is a Full Year* program which begins the second week of September and culminates with the Spring Concert in May. There are a minimum of 30 teaching sessions provided during the academic year, consisting of lessons, rehearsals, school performances and concerts.
Sectional lessons for Beginning and Concert Band students will be held during the school day in 30-minute blocks in a rotating schedule (different time each week of the month), unless otherwise requested by your school administration. For 2019-2020, the Symphonic Band students will meet after the Concert & Symphonic rehearsal, in order to avoid missing academic classes during the day. 3:00-4:00pm Concert & Symphonic Bands rehearsal, 4:00-4:30pm Symphonic Band only. Click HERE for additional information and fees.
St. Mary’s Catholic Church Events:
“Are You Interested in Becoming A Catholic?” If you have never been baptized, if you were baptized in another Christian denomination and would like to become Catholic, or if you were baptized Catholic, but never received the Sacraments of Eucharist or Confirmation, you are welcome to join our RCIA Inquiry Process. For more information, call Sr. Pat at 740-4044, ext. 13, or go to our parish web page, and click on “Interest in Becoming Catholic”.
“St. Mary’s Catholic Church Registration” Parish registration takes place monthly on Sunday afternoon at 12:30 pm or some weekdays at 7 pm in the Bishop Sullivan Room. During this one-hour program, you will meet other parishioners, our Pastor and staff, receive an introduction to St. Mary’s Parish and complete the registration documents. Childcare and refreshments are provided.
Our registration will take place on August 11, 2019