The Lord will indeed give what is good. Psalm 85:12
Dear St. Mary’s Families,
Friday March 17 – NO FISH FRY MARCH 17, 2017 Due to Saint Patrick’s Day Family Celebrations.
Tuesday March 21 – School Mass (Follow our Wednesday Schedule)
Wednesday March 22 – Follow our Tuesday Schedule
Thursday March 23 – 6th Grade Field Trip to Richmond Symphony Orchestra
Thursday March 23 – 4th Grade Wax Museum 2:00 Upper Commons
Friday March 24 – 4th Grade Wax Museum 9:00 AM Upper Commons
Friday March 24 – 2nd Grade Field Trip Richmond Symphony Carpenter Center
Friday March 24 – Early Dismissal 12:20 ASC Available
Friday March 24 – Fish Fry Friday
(Please visit the school calendar regularly for up to date information as times and dates may change.)
Friday April 14 – Easter Holiday School Closed through April 21 (No ASC)
Saturday April 29 – Saint Mary’s Catholic School Gala
Friday May 5 – Early Dismissal 12:20, School Mass, May Crowning, Art Show, Grandparents Reception/Classroom visits, and Spring Sing (No ASC)
Friday May 19 – Field Day/Early Dismissal 12:20 ASC available
Thursday May 25 – May 26 & May 30 Eight Grade Final Exams
Friday May 26 – May 30 & May 31 Middle School Exams
Monday May 29 – Memorial Day School Closed No ASC
Tuesday May 30 – 8th Grade Student Lunch, Graduation Photos and Graduation Rehearsal.
Wednesday May 31 – 8th Grade Fun Day
Thursday June 1 – 8th Grade Retreat to U of R Challenge Discovery
Thursday June 1 – Early Dismissal 12:20 No ASC
Friday June 2 – Last Day of School, Early Dismissal 12:20, Classroom Awards, School Mass, Award Assembly, Kindergarten Graduation, 8th Grade Graduation/Reception
June 5 – Saint Mary’s Catholic School Summer Camps June 5 – 9th.
June 26 – Saint Mary’s Catholic School Summer Camps June 26th – 30th.
July 10 – Saint Cecilia Band Camp July 10 – 14th.
October 2017 – Golf Outing, More Information will be coming
NO FISH FRY MARCH 17, 2017 Due to Saint Patrick’s Day Family Celebrations.
Fish Fry Volunteers Needed Please sign up here for this great event.
Monarch’s For The Month of February:
Theme = Principled, Respect for others and have a strong sense of fairness. Take responsibility for your actions and accept the consequences.
First Biff Koehler and Nate Cooke
Second Emma Blair and Brigid Graham
Third Alden Crouch, Mieszko Schoenborn, and Martin Ordonez-Baquero
Fourth Erin Costain and Aleza Murphy
Fifth Maggie Smith and Ana Reveles
Sixth Logan Grasser
Seventh Rohan Simon
Eighth Thomas Tucholka
Music Kindergarten – Francesca Rolton, Third – Addison Goad, and Middle School – Henry Bruns
SAINT MARY’S GALA:
Saint Mary’s 2017 Gala April 29, 2017. Each week check out the NEWS FLASH for exciting enhancements to this signature event as we celebrate our 50th anniversary! Your official invitation was sent through “Backpack Mail”. We are happy to share that the event will be hosted at the Historic Jefferson Hotel in downtown Richmond for the first time in the history of our school! We are currently seeking sponsorship’s and donations.
For any questions, contact Mike School at email@example.com
Click Here for tickets to enjoy a wonderful evening out.
Dynamic Catholic’s “Passion & Purpose for Marriage” with Dr. Allen Hunt – Friday, March 24th at St. Mary’s Catholic Church: Discover key ingredients to a healthy and happy marriage at this event and take your relationship to a whole new level. Allen’s speaking style is bound to capture your attention; his humor will have you laughing, and all along the way learning more about every relationship in your life! We are only 1 week away from this very special event. Tickets are $25 per person and still available through St. Mary’s parish office or at DynamicCatholic.com
To add to the excitement and fun, we are including the following to the evening:
- 6 pm: Doors open for a Sparkling Wine, Cheese & Crackers Reception
- 7 pm: Program begins
- Intermissions: There will be 2 breaks during the program for Coffee & Desserts
- 10:45 pm: Program concludes
AND, Raffle Prizes that every ticket holder is automatically eligible to win:
- Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa Short Pump: one night stay in deluxe accommodations for 2, including breakfast and a $50 gift certificate at Aura Spa and Salon;
- Chez Max: $150 gift certificate for dinner
- The Melting Pot: $50 gift certificate towards 4-course dinner for 2
We have sold over 600 tickets already and don’t want you to miss this event! If you are still unsure of whether this would be of interest to you and your spouse, take 1 min to watch the attached short video clip or check out the attached flyer.
For a small preview of Dr. Allen Hunt click here to see a video.
Log Your Stewardship Hours In RenWeb: The PTO is looking at hours and will communicate with you to update you if your account shows fewer than 10 hours! Thanks for your cooperation!
AJ Anderson, Lucas Cusick and Anastasia Freeman-Rodin 8th Grade Project: For our eighth grade project we are collecting school supplies for a second grade class at Miles Jones Elementary School in Richmond. A donation box will be put in every homeroom in second to eighth grade. Supplies will be collected next week March 13 – 17th. We will reward the homeroom with the most donations with extra recess or a Popsicle party. Any donations would be greatly appreciated. Some examples of needed school supplies are:
- Washable markers
- Safety Scissors
- Journals (Composition)
- Crayola crayons ( 24 pack )
- Dry erase markers
- Any other supplies you would find in a second grade classroom
Thank you so much for your support.
Change for Haiti Boxes: This lent, here at St. Mary’s, we are focusing our outreach on our twinning relationship with St. Benoit de Angouman parish and school in Haiti. The needs are great!! We are hopeful to complete a building already begun that will shelter our medical/dental team, enhancing their ability to provide maximum service to our sisters and brothers there, as well as to complete out project to bring enough potable water to this remote village. We are working in partnership with our parish Human Concerns Ministry /Haiti Outreach to help to achieve these goals.
Please do not return your students box until Holy Week APRIL 10 through 14.
Click here to view a video from St. Benoit de Angouman.
Kroger Community Rewards! Earn rewards for SMCS sign up NOW: If you have not registered online to earn rewards for SMCS at Kroger please take the time to do so!
Our Kroger Community Rewards number is: 94792.
TO USE THE KROGER COMMUNITY REWARDS PROGRAM:
* Simply encourage your members to register online at krogercommunityrewards.com
* Be sure to have your Kroger Plus card handy and register your card with your organization after you sign up.
* If a member does not yet have a Kroger Plus card, please let them know that they are available at the customer service desk at any Kroger.
* Click on Sign In/Register
* Most participants are new online customers, so they must click on SIGN UP TODAY in the ‘New Customer?’ box.
* Sign up for a Kroger Rewards Account by entering zip code, clicking on favorite store, entering your email address and creating a password, agreeing to the terms and conditions
* You will then get a message to check your email inbox and click on the link within the body of the email.
* Click on My Account and use your email address and password to proceed to the next step.
* Click on Edit Kroger Community Rewards information and input your Kroger Plus card number.
* Update or confirm your information.
* Enter NPO number or name of organization, select organization from list and click on confirm.
* To verify you are enrolled correctly, you will see your organization’s name on the right side of your information page.
* REMEMBER, purchases will not count for your group until after your member(s) register their card(s).
* Do you use your phone number at the register? Call 800-576-4377, select option 4 to get your Kroger Plus card number.
* Members must swipe their registered Kroger Plus card or use the phone number that is related to their registered Kroger Plus card when shopping for each purchase to count.
* REMEMBER, all participants of an organization are required to re-enroll each year beginning August 1st.
Field Day T-Shirts: Saint Mary’s will host its annual Field Day at our school, on Friday, May 19!!! (Early Dismissal).
Field Day T-Shirt orders are now available online. The t-shirt order deadline is Friday, March 17. Please use the link below to order your students t-shirt.
Garden Club Spring Planting: March 24th After school until 1:30 p.m.
Any 4th-8th grader interested in working in the garden is invited to stay after school on the early release Friday, March 24th to plant. Please email Laura Earle at firstname.lastname@example.org if your child intends to stay. Pick-up will be in front of the main entrance to the school at 1:30. Think spring!
Saint Mary’s Catholic School Summer Camps: Fun for the summer with our Saint Mary’s teachers. Sports and Games, Monarchs in Motion, Fine Arts, Musical Theater, Learn from the Masters Art Camp, Travel Around the World, S.T.E.M, Craft Club and Band!
For more information, see the Camp attachment and Registration Form
News Paper Club Needs Parent Volunteer: Please help our News Paper Club students with our amazing club that is new and growing. One of the requirements to have a club is to have at least two parent supervisors at all of our Newspaper Club meetings. These meetings are held in our SMCS Library on Tuesdays 2:35 PM to 3:45PM. Please help our Newspaper Club by volunteering to supervise a meeting.
Benedictine Summer Camps 2017: Attached is a flyer for this years Summer Camps at Benedictine! All rising 3rd to rising 9th graders. If you have any questions, please contact our Athletic Director, Ryan Hall at email@example.com or 804-708-9506.